Windows printer not working? Having Different issues with network Printer, cannot print documents after windows 10 update? Printer not showing in devices and printers or print job stuck in a queue, Fix Printer Problems, Print spooler not running or not able to connect to the printer. There are various reasons that may cause the issue such as incompatible printer driver, incorrect configuration, print spooler file corrupted or print spooler service stopped. And most probably reinstall the latest printer driver and clearing the Print Spooler probably resolves the issue for you.
Windows 10 printer not
If you are not able to connect or print to your printer in Windows
- Ensure that your printer is plugged into the power supply and switched on.
- Check the USB connection (for the wired printers) or the wireless connection (for wireless printers).
Run the build in printer troubleshooter that automatically detect
and troubleshoot the issues to prevent printer to function properly.
- Go to the settings app and press Windows + I
- Click on the option of update and security, and then troubleshoot
- Here on right-hand side choose the option of printer and click on the option of run to troubleshoot.
- This will scan and detect issues and try to resolve them
- During the troubleshooting process, this will restart the print spooler service
- Automatically, clear the corrupted or damaged print spooler files
- Also, detect if an outdated printer driver causing the issue
- Restart windows after the process completes and check whether the printer working properly or not.
Clearing the Print
If running printer troubleshooter didn’t fix the issue, let’s
manuallyclear the PrintSpooler that most probably resolves the issue for you. Follow
steps below to clear print spooler
on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7.
- Press Windows + R, enterservices.msc and ok
- This will open windows service console, and scroll down and look for print spooler
- Right click on print spooler service and choose the option of stop, and minimize the Windows service console
- Delete all the files of inside this folder
- Again go to the option of Services console.
- Find the Print Spooler service and have a right-click on it and choose the option of Start.
Reinstall printer driver
If updating a driver software didn’t work, then try removing the
driver completely and reinstalling them again.
- Press Windows + I to open settings
- Then navigate to Devices > Printers and Scanners.
- Find your printer, click on it to expand options and click on the option of “Remove device” button.
- Go to the Start menu, enter “Print Management” and press Enter key.
- Choose all the printers, right-click on it and Delete all of them.
- Restart your device, plug back the printer’s cable and start installing the drivers again.
Add Printer Again
- To open Windows Settings, Press Win + I keys
- Navigate to the path Devices > Printers and Scanners
- Click on the previously added printer and select the option of Remove Device.
- Unplug and then plug back the printer in the USB port.
- Click on the option of Add a printer or scanner and let it find your device again.
- Click on your device and add it.
- Check if this help
Fix Network printer issues
- If you are having an issue with network sharing printer
- Check the Antivirus/network and
firewall protection software.
- Disable VPN if configured on your device.
Turn on network discovery
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click on the Network and Sharing Center.
- In the left panel, click on the option of Change advanced sharing settings.
- Click on the option of Switch on network discovery, and then click on the option of “Save” changes.
If the issue still persists, feel free to reach us at Printer Customer Support number at any time. We are having the trained team of experts who are always there for help.
Jhon Smith is a self-professed security expert; he has been making the people aware of the security threats. His passion is to write about Cyber security, malware, social engineering, Games, internet and new media. He writes for printer support at printer customer support or HP Printer Support.